The Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) has been aware of the importance of the energy management and the need for increasing efficiency in energy usage. This has thus given rise to the establishment of The Institute of Industrial Energy (IIE) on September 9, 1999, to provide service to FTI members on energy efficiency management system.
IIE was awarded the Outstanding Promotion of Energy Conservation (Thailand Energy Awards 2005) from the Department of Alternative Energy Development and Efficiency (DEDE), Ministry of Energy, The award is given to the organizations that have continuously promoted and facilitated energy conservation. The institute celebrated the 12 year anniversary on September 9, 2011.
"IIE will support and provide services to the industrial sectors on the efficient energy management system and energy conservation"
• To provide services to the FTI's members on energy efficiency management system.
• To provide support and promotion on energy technology transfer.
• To act as the educational center of energy management and sources of energy conservation data.
• To coordinate and cooperate with the public and government sectors on energy strategy.
• To equip the entrepreneurs with the standardized energy management and administration.
• To lead the institute towards the sustainable development achievement.
- To Provide technical data, news, and knowledge on Energy Management.
- To implement Energy Conservation Project with industrial sector.
- To arrange training and seminar, on-site visit and joint energy activity with other organization.
- To distribute information of energy activity to the members.
- To gather energy information and develop the IIE’s website.
- To cooperate and participate with the government sector on energy activity projects.
- To gather and study the related measures and regulations issued by the government and private sectors as well as to participate in a process of determining the appropriate measures.
- To seek supporting fund in order to continuously implement the IIE’s projects.
- To promote and develop human resources capability.